Why are the apple tv updates so slow....

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by gpspad, Sep 24, 2014.

1. gpspad macrumors 6502a

I tried for three days to down load the apple tv update, via the device and the direct links to http://appldnld.apple.com/ someone provided.

I had to download from a third party site to finally get it.

Its as if the site isn't working. Its been a while since the IOS8 release, why is the site still so slow? Is it something wrong on my end?

2. Alrescha macrumors 68020

Could be. Both of my Apple TVs updated in ~30 minutes or so from start to finish (which is a long time to me, but most of that time was updating, not downloading).

A.

3. gpspad thread starter macrumors 6502a

I should have added, that I am not having any issues with other sites.

4. Toltepeceno Suspended

Toltepeceno

What site did you download it from? I'm having problems also, it times out and says it could not be downloaded at this time.

5. gpspad, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014

gpspad thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried using both the direct download files posted on another thread in here and a few links to the direct ios8 update files. Didn't want to post the link as I not even sure how to use the files, but I put the main domain in my email.

Point is I can't get them to download.

Even tried to a seas0n pass JB on an old ATV2 I have, that's not even able to download what it's supposed to.

I have verizon DSL if it matters. Maybe Apple is limiting downloads from nom Apple device requests?

The thing is if I can't even download a single file, don't want to lock my tv into a three day download then cancel early and brick my device using the apple update.

6. RITmusic2k macrumors member

RITmusic2k

One of my AppleTVs updated flawlessly; the other hangs on the "estimating time remaining" update screen until it goes dark, and wakes back up to the home screen if I touch it again. I've left it for hours, tried it several times, no luck...

7. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Erase and set up as new. It will update without any issue.

8. gpspad thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just. Quick update, tried JB again today and it just suddenly downloaded. Wasn't anything different on my end

9. ReynalynMO macrumors newbie

ReynalynMO

--- Post Merged, Oct 8, 2017 ---
    I noticed it too.