Why are the display models so....slow?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by chrf097, Jan 9, 2012.

1. chrf097, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

For some reason, almost always, when I go into the Apple Store and I go to one of the iMacs, or MacBook Airs, even the Mac Pro or the 17-Inch MacBook Pros, they're all so slow! Mission Control doesn't even show any animations half the time, or the animation lags a lot. I was waiting for a Genius so I thought I'd check my e-mail on an Air next to me, and it took forever to get Safari to come up! Has anyone else noticed the Apple Store computers seem to be so slow? :confused: It seems so odd....

2. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

3. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

Explain?

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I can't say I've ever observed this to be honest, the display models have always functioned normally for me.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Depends on the store and how often they clean up there displays.

6. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

The display models are subject to an amazing amount of abuse it's not even funny. People treat them so badly it's a miracle that they hold up as well as they do.

7. simsaladimbamba

Facebook.

Though I seem to remember, that the Macs, or at least the "display" user (the one, one can play with) will be reset every day, in order to delete any ***** and have a pristine experience for the customers.

Maybe the store you went to just doesn't care?

8. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Not to mention the Gigabytes of wasted space and crap accumulated from iMovie and GarageBand.

9. chrf097 thread starter macrumors 68040

chrf097

Well if I was a newbie to Macs it would really make me think twice about it. Our Apple Store is usually packed (since it's the only one in our region), so I guess that explains it then haha.

10. KnightWRX macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Sorry my keylogger sometimes goes into a loop on its 2nd thread and eats up a single core all by itself. I still have to get my head wrapped around that bug.

However, you do get a lot of spam I must say. Frankly, makes reading your personal e-mail quite the bother. Unless you really are into all that ... err... "stuff".

11. MorphingDragon, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012

MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Nvm, I derped.