Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatGuy007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
New York
Other then the Black and the yellow, the iPod has the bright blue, bright green, bright red, and white. I don't mean to be sexist, but I was hoping to be the ipod touch in dark blue or green.
I guess I'll just have to judge myself and go see it in a few weeks

onepremiere

macrumors regular
May 16, 2012
IMO, the marketing isn't driven towards a gender, but more towards the youth, hence the use of "fun."

The color gives the iPod a more fun, and youthful feeling. The entire Mac line lacks a lot of color, what better product to plug some color with than the iPod.

Now if we could get some computers/tablets to look like the Black iPhone 5... That black anodizing is sexy!

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
IMO, the marketing isn't driven towards a gender, but more towards the youth, hence the use of "fun."

The color gives the iPod a more fun, and youthful feeling. The entire Mac line lacks a lot of color, what better product to plug some color with than the iPod.

Now if we could get some computers/tablets to look like the Black iPhone 5... That black anodizing is sexy!

That iPhone looks really gloomy in black, good thing the white and silver tone is available. And the taller display will cause finger stretching, not width wise but length for sure, you wont be able to use the corners of the screen without realigning your hand or using your free hand.

MJNBGA

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2011
New Zealand
Other then the Black and the yellow, the iPod has the bright blue, bright green, bright red, and white. I don't mean to be sexist, but I was hoping to be the ipod touch in dark blue or green.
I guess I'll just have to judge myself and go see it in a few weeks

The black touch looks S.E.X.Y., as does the Product Red. But I might be leaning towards the salmon... ;)

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
The old coloured iBooks and iMacs were quite 'bright' colours too, weren't they?

ibook_icard_greeting_cards.jpg

300266_1.jpg

imac-333mhz-grape.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.