Why are the lights on my keyboard flashing on and off?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MACHeavenly, Jun 13, 2011.

1. MACHeavenly macrumors newbie

Hi everyone :)
    When I turn the illumination on for my keyboard, the lights don't stay on constant.....they flash on & off continuously. This only began after my MBP was fitted with a new keyboard, which they said they had a heck of time getting to fit. In addition, my caps lock button no longer works. What could be the possible reasons for these problems?

My MBP is from mid-late 2008 and doesn't have the black UK (sunken) keyboard). The specs are below.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

who put in the new keyboard? apple? i would take it to whoever did the fitting

3. MACHeavenly thread starter macrumors newbie

flashing keyboard lights....

Apple didn't install the keyboard, it was a official MAC repair store here in London...I've already thought about speaking to them about this however when they finished with my MBP and I was there to pick it up, I turned it on & looked at it, and for some reason it worked fine then...had it not I would've immediately asked them to fix it. I can't imagine these 2 issues just happening out of the blue about 1 month after they installed the keyboard! I suppose I can take it back to them & try to have them fix it, but I'l be charged a fortune & so I was hoping that perhaps there is a way to check myself, for example if the keyboard were to be taken out I see if there is a short. I wish I had Applecare on my MBP :-(...