Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ibizarocks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
I've just checked and US get 512mb vid card ram as standard and the UK a 256mb????????

UPDATE: in fact I've just checked again to see if I wasn't dreaming and it's the same on the low end MBP, 256 in US and 128 in UK... what's going on??? (not that I care too much as I'm waiting till June but just thought it was a worthy thing to note!)

worriedmac

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
The US is getting a 8400 card and the rest of the stores are getting the 8800. I feel that this isn't a misprint. We get a better chipset but poorer vram. I would prefer the vram. I was thinking of buying one of these but I think that is a big discrepancy.

CoolJuul

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2008
In the Dutch store at least it says "up to 512MB of video memory" in the description of the presentation of the new MBP.

So I think it should be 256 and 512.

hooly

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2007
Same here in Finland; it seems to be all the European stores.

If you go into 'compare specs' though, it lists as 512Mb.

What gives!?

EDIT: all sites list the 8600GT and all sites list 512Mb for the upper models in the 'compare specs' but the european sites list 256Mb in the MBP front page.

Hopefully a misprint...

JBourne

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2008
That Alone!!

Price Drop Europe but not in The UK
Does anyone have a explanation why the base model price dropped €100 in country's such as Holland?, But the price at the UK store remains the same.

jacjac3

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
calm down folks let apple update the online store ....hahhaha...tsk tsk panicking around the world over a MBP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.