Why are there so many 'guests' on this forum?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iP0t, Nov 20, 2008.

1. iP0t macrumors newbie

Right now theres 204 on this board.

Why dont they just join? :confused:

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Too many unwashed members here, scares off a lot of newbies.

3. macbooker15 macrumors 6502

4. Surely Guest

Surely

5. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Many are probably not Mac owners and have no other interest than the touch forum. Perhaps they recently purchased a touch and need help with it, and have found MR to be a good source of useful information. My guess is that with time they will gravitate to using Macs as well and will branch out into other forums and become ongoing contributors. A warm welcome to all of them.

6. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

I browse as a guest like many others do and log in if I have anything constructive to add to the forums.

Sorry mate didn't realise I scared you so much. I'll try and sneak in the door next time so you don't notice me :rolleyes:

7. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

Its normal to have tons of guests on any forum. Most of the time it's just people who found the site on google and are browsing around. Also many times "guests" are actually bots from search engines like google, yahoo, etc. You'd be surprised how many bots are going through a forum at any given time.

8. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

I agree. That's how I found this forum. Through google!

9. wbe858 macrumors member

Yep with you on that one. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my sisters macbook found the site and got hooked, i eventually found myself going back to it so much i just decided to finally join to contribute/ask questions. This is really one of the better places to go to look for help with anything mac related.

10. iP0t thread starter macrumors newbie

I also found this through google.

There are so many 'mac' forums though.

11. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

This site comes up a whole lot when searching anything Mac related - it's a very valuable resource. I surfed as a guest for a few weeks, before I said "hey, I have 3 Macs, and 2 iPods, I suppose I may be able to contribute here" so I joined.

Many people who aren't members, I'm sure are just here to gain information, rather than contribute. That is, until they need to know something that hasn't been covered yet - then they join and ask a question.

12. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I think they should all get up and sign up and join the community. It is always nice to have more members.