iPhone Why are there so many...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Why are there so many fake jailbreaking website? Try doing a Google search for "iOS 7 Jailbreak" or "iPhone 5S Unlock." There are dozens if not hundreds of fake newspaper websites, created for the sole purpose of trying to scam people into paying for a jailbreak that doesn't exist.

WHY???

2. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

Maybe they like money.

3. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

Look at this one:

http://www.usprocyclingnews.com/pre...imei-unlock-iphon-iphone-4s-iphone-5-698.html

They called the site "US Procycling News" but the whole website was made just for that page about the fake unlock. They are all so elaborate. It is almost like the same guy is making all of these. It's hard to find out the status of the actual jailbreak because the internet is polluted with all of these.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

For the same reason that other sites exist to sell fake products or fake services.

People want things so badly sometimes that they don't stop to do their due diligence. In the case of jailbreaking it's also something average iOS users are completely unfamiliar with. These charlatans prey on that and as the poster above said, they want your money.

It's the same thing as those scammers you find on your local TV channel's "Call X for action" program segments. People believe "too good to be true" because they want it to be "true" so bad they ignore the obvious flags.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bling:D$$$$
    Cause instead of going to a few well known and trusted places where they can get accurate info about the JB scene they just search.
    And then there's people clicking links and youtube videos that in turn makes those posters plenty of money.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Same reason any other scam exists. Caveat emptor. It's up to each to perform his/her due diligence.

7. 3bs, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013

3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Just follow this section to find out when/if the jailbreak is out and you'll be safe.

8. cymolia macrumors 6502a

I have no idea what you're talking about . I send money all the time to a nigerian prince promising me millions in return

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

He promised me first!!!!