Why are you ..or why are you not going to IOS 5

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by elgrecomac, Oct 13, 2011.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

Just wondering for those whose iPad2 are jail broken, are you planning to install ios5 now or not ..and what is the reason for your decision?
    :cool:

2. henchman macrumors 6502a

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

There isn't a single feature in iOS 5 that I need, or even much want, that I can't already get via jailbreak on my iPad. Why would I give up a stable, fully functional iPad for either a crippled stock OS or a tethered JB that won't run most tweaks because they haven't yet been updated?

No, thanks. I'll wait for an untethered JB and for most tweaks to be updated first.

4. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

JB ipad on 4.3.3 and it'll stay that way until iOS5 JB is available or apps stop supporting 4.3.3, whichever comes first!

so many tweaks and other cydia apps that make the ipad so much more productive & easier to use than the stock ipad.

5. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I'm not going to upgrade until there is a hack to bring back multitasking gestures on my iPad 1.

6. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

I believe that hack is already out..

I won't go to iOS 5 until there is JB version out. (I am hoping it won't be too long now..)

7. erawsd macrumors 6502

I'm sticking with the jailbreak, there isn't a single ios5 feature that is "must have" on the iPad and worth giving up all my cydia tweaks.

- The neat new stuff (siri, widgets, location reminders) is iPhone only.

- I've already got multitask gestures, dropbox (>iCloud), and a tabbed browser.

- I don't care about newsstand, PC freedom (I rarely sync), or twitter integration.

- I also won't have to deal with the awful new version of the music app.

8. DemonicZeus macrumors member

9. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

Won't upgrade til there's a jailbreak. I'm quite eager to get photo albums (w/o paying for the relevant cydia pkg) and the improved photo app, but those are niceties. There's too much JB stuff that just makes my iPad more usable, like dimmer and activator.

10. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

11. AceCoolie macrumors regular

I was waiting for the jailbreak but my jailbroken 4.3.3 iPad2 got corrupted so I put iOS5 on it. It's nice and definitely is a little snappier/polished, but I'll certainly jailbreak again as soon as one is available. I've got my blobs and could go back to 4.3.3 but I'm liking 5 even though I miss things like retnapad and my native clock app.

12. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

I Am, it is faster, better notifications, and thats just about all I Love about it!

13. JSalig macrumors 6502

I upgraded. The only thing I miss a bit is iFile. Otherwise, it was worth it.

14. sindymendler macrumors newbie

sindymendler

jailbreak,Sure!

15. MrJT macrumors newbie

I'm really really torn here.

Where I am right now: iPhone4 on iOS 5 with semi tethered jb. iPad2 on untethered 4.3.3 jb.

On the one hand, I really want to give the new iOS features a spin. Things like split keyboard and all the many Safari enhancements. On the other hand, I don't like the risk of jeopardizing a future untether or jb by upgrading my baseband. I have to have jb on my iPhone. iPad, less so, but I'd miss DOSpad and iFile and a bunch of other stuff. So freaking hard to decide.

16. trsblader macrumors 6502

Plain and simple, I'm too lazy. iOS5 looks nice, and I would love to have it, but it's going to take something major (something that I can't have now jailbreak tweak wise) for me to take the time to update and re-jailbreak only to get back what I already have. Heck, my iPod Touch is still on 3.1.3.