Why aren't podcasts sycned wirelessly like iBooks?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PhazonUK, Nov 13, 2010.

1. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

I don't know about anyone else, but it really bugs me that I have to sync my iDevices to my MacBook and vice versa just for my podcasts to update upto the point I last listened to them.

I only listen to 2 podcasts but they are both over an hour long and it's irritating that I have to manually keep them up to date.

If Apple can sync iBooks bookmarks and things up to date wirelessly then why can't they do the same with podcasts?

2. MotionxxUSxx macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Iphone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Try podcaster in the app store. It's a great little podcast app that allows you to keep everything updated.

3. trigonometry macrumors 6502

trigonometry

I think has something to do with AT&T's 20mb download cap.

4. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I agree it's size, and I agree that over 3g that it's because of AT&T. The funny thing is you can still stream it.

However, you still can't sync them wirelessly over WiFi either. Again, I think it is due to size. Some of the video podcasts I watch are 600-700 megs. That takes a while over WiFi.

5. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

That would be iOS's 20MB download cap over cellular networks.