Why aren't The Beatles on iTunes yet?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Justin122, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Justin122 macrumors 6502

I hate having to download songs the uh, "different" way. Also, I don't really like every single song on a Beatles album, but I don't have any choice. I would prefer to be able to select single songs.

Along with some of these pros, it also means we get really good quality music with affordable prices.

Come on Apple!

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

And by being afraid of people pirating the music, they simply refuse to allow a legal means of getting the music, thus losing revenue and causing more piracy.

4. OriginalFormula macrumors regular

Hopefully they're up in the near future. With the advent of the stereo and mono box sets, there's no reason not to release them.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

and as soon as the box sets are out, they will be pirated anyway.

6. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Both box sets where available to download illegally before the official release (09.09/09).

I don't see how piracy is what's stopping The Beatles being on iTunes. How could there be more than there is now?

7. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

It's the classic example of old people not coping with newer technology. When will they ever learn?

8. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

+1 People are so clueless now a days. By trying to protect everything they lose more revenue.

I myself hate the Beatles but it would be nice to see them on iTunes cause I know it would make a ton of people happy. My parents would especially love it seeing how their Beatles collection (all records still in wrapping) could fetch a fortune on ebay.