Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
Hi, hope you're all good today. On my Air 2 iOS 9.3 (or before 9.2.1) I have Background app refresh turned off in settings. All of them should not refresh in the background. But there is always 1 or 3 stubborn apps that refers in the background anyway, those being mostly OneDrive, Google Photos, Amazon and Mail. See the attachment, Why is this. Google Photos refreshing 16 minutes. I don't need that much apps to refresh in the background. How to avoid that? Thanks for helping. R.
Consommation50.jpg

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Background App Refresh is just one feature related to the ability of apps to run in the background, while the ability to run in the background itself is essentially built into the OS itself and apps can use it, usually in a limited capacity, to run a bit at times, usually if they are finishing something right after you've used them, for example.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
C DM, thank you so much for the explanation. How clear it is. I was not that much worried but I wanted to know. Thanks again, I learned something today. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.