Why can't Apple fix my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djphatbeat, Feb 11, 2009.

1. djphatbeat macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

Just want to rant about my MBP, please comment if you have any advice on what I should do.

Ok so I bought a nice new MBP 2.4Ghz 8600GT 256MB here is a list of what has gone wrong so far.

1) Power adapter broke (replaced)

2) Screen developed stripes (Replaced)
    Top lid was warped (Replaced)

now

1) The screen is warped again...this time more on one side when closed.

2) DVD's are ejected for no reason (I haven't tried cleaning the superdrive)

3) Tracker pad click button doesn't click all the time which is soooo annoying

4) Power adapter is again playing up and not charging the battery or is it the battery.

I was thinking that I would try and demand a new MBP but I hate the glossy screen, apart from that I wouldn't mind getting a current MBP.

Anyone think I have a chance of getting a new MBP or just mine replaced/fixed again.

Thanks

:confused:

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

You deserve a replacement.

Take it back to the store and tell them you'd like to deal with a Manager only.

Make sure you take proof's of all the repairs, although they should be able to find this.

3. mstout macrumors member

Hope you got applecare. with applecare they will fix any problem that did not arise from you. As for the glossy screen, nothing they can do about it. I love my glossy screen, but to each his own. I would be nice, use applecare to your advantage and be persistent. Good luck.

4. djphatbeat thread starter macrumors newbie

I've not got apple care but the MBP is still less than one year old, I'm thinking about tacking out apple care when it runs out.

5. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

Get the new machine. It isn't as bad as you want to make it out to be.

6. greenmeanie macrumors 6502a

greenmeanie

Who says they will give him a new uni machine?
    He will get an older replacement of equal value.

7. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

You have to buy it and apply it BEFORE it runs out, or else you won't be able to get apple care for you computer.

8. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

If your MBP was bought new and Apple decides to replace it, it will be with a new MBP. The odds are low that they have your model on hand and the replacement will likely be the on that closest matches your specs or comparable place in their lineup. How do I know? I had mine replaced last year because of issues.

9. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

It depends on how you handle it, have all the relevant info to hand , dates of repairs,telephone conversations, amount of 'down time' because of issues and repairs, actual days used over days in repair or in transit to and fro etc.
    Above all be calm but firm, ask to speak to the manager of the store, it may be useful if you do this by letter, include all the relevant info and request they respond in a certain amount of time, make sure you send the letter 'signed for' delivery(or your country's equivalent of recorded /tracked mail).

This way they will be able to look at all the info and the manager can arrange to see you at your convenience to sort the problems out , it adds a certain something doing it this way over going in the store and ranting, not saying you would but then if they don't respond to you or unsatisfactory way this will be useful if you need to take it further with the authorities , hope things don't go this far for you, importantly , don't expect something for nothing!- a working machine to the value of original is all that can be expected But if the machine has been in for major repair three times I think it would only be fair to replace it, but that's just my opinion, not Apple's.

If you have no luck with the store manager, make a note of the response and copy any letters etc and send them to Applecare detailing everything again and explain , calmly , why your not satisfied and hope you get a person dealing with it that is sympathetic to your experience.

good luck.

~m

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The power cord/adapter and the battery not responding would bug the heck outta' me, but that's just me.

It sounds like they are doing everything they can to remedy those issues, but it also seems like that's a bunch of crap to be going on with one MBP.

You must purchase AppleCare BEFORE your one-year limited warranty expires.

+1 ^^^ your chances look good, with regards to a new MBP...