Why can't apple integrate contacts and iCal?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by Tbone999, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Tbone999 macrumors member

When I make an appointment with someone in my calendar, I would like it PLEASE LORD AUTOCOMPLETE the name from my address book and give me option to add an address an phone number. Why the hell should I have to go the trouble of typing out Filipe Barcaluna (for instance), when after the Fil its pretty much obvious what I'm trying to type?

Or just creating an appt or meeting with someone -- or a reminder "Call Felipe" that I can call just by pressing on the reminder -- from the address book?

I've been waiting for Apple to do this for years -- it seems like an obviously desirable software fix.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Mine autocompletes. Did you type in the beginning of a name and wait a moment?

3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Mine autocompletes when i am in the "invitees" section, what i would like is if it would let me pick a location from my contacts list.

4. Tbone999 thread starter macrumors member

I think you guys are talking about adding an invitee. I don't want to do that at all. I just want to create an appt that says Dr. Bresnick, for instance, and as I'm typing Dr. Bres-- it autocompletes and gives me the option to add the location and number from my contacts list.

I don't want to invite Dr. Bresnick -- he knows we have an appt, I just want to make sure I remember.

5. geopanich macrumors newbie

If you're on iOS 5 you can add a text shortcut. So for example, for your Dr. Bresnick, you could make "DrB" be replaced with "Dr. Bresnick". It requires individual setup for each name you want to use, but it's a start.

Go to Settings --> General --> Keyboard --> Add New Shortcut...

6. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

That would make sense if he sees DrB 80 times a year. For something that happens 2x a year, he probably doesn't want to add a shortcut just for that.

7. Tbone999 thread starter macrumors member

I appreciate the thought, geopanich. But kappa is right -- I'm not moving in with Dr. B, just seeing twice a year!