Why can't I add a landscape image?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by blueshogun96, Aug 30, 2014.

1. blueshogun96 macrumors regular

blueshogun96

Okay, I have a project that I initially created using XCode 4. Now, I did a migration to XCode 6, and now my startup image doesn't display in landscape mode. I wanted to add a landscape mode image, but the option doesn't appear. In XCode 4, it automatically rotated the image for me. Now, it gives me an option for an image of every rotation and device, except iPhone Landscape mode, which is the mode my app runs in. This isn't making any sense.

[​IMG]

If I run my app in portrait mode, then it works. The reason I don't want to run my app in portrait mode is because when screen shots are taken, they are taken in portrait mode only, which is not desirable for potential customers. Google wasn't my friend either. Any ideas? Thanks.

Shogun.

Attached Files:

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

3. blueshogun96 thread starter macrumors regular

blueshogun96

Okay, thanks for the info, but even though I have a portrait image, when I specify that my app runs in landscape mode, the image still doesn't show up. Why is that?

4. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

Huh, I have never seen that. Are you sure you have the right launch image for the OS version your phone is running?