Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Picture1-32.png

Do I need to explain further? Why the hell can't I block someone?

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Are you using jaber through .mac for some reason?

Nope, I went to meebo and blocked someone, now they show offline in iChat, not blocked, this all started happening after 10.5.3. And before, whenever I added someone they would be automatically blocked, now that is fixed with AIM, but still exists with .Mac. I have parental controls on, but no iChat limiting, just content filter and bedtime limits.

ert3

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2007
ok from our chat online I can tell you have three options.

1. prove you are mature enough to use a computer without parental filters

2. find a series of parental filters your dad can use that won't interfere with AIM or .Mac

3. If you really want to block some one who is bothering you then have your dad log in under an account that does not have any parental controls and block those people for you.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
ok from our chat online I can tell you have three options.

1. prove you are mature enough to use a computer without parental filters

2. find a series of parental filters your dad can use that won't interfere with AIM or .Mac

3. If you really want to block some one who is bothering you then have your dad log in under an account that does not have any parental controls and block those people for you.

forget number 3, I never really need to block people, but I noticed it, so I'm bothered that I cannot block anyone. 2, My dad thinks apple is the best at everything, so giving him an alternative the apple is already doing...he'll just say apple is better.

number 1, I have written 10+ long emails about it, he just ignores it, I guess he thinks I'm some kind of perve....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.