Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XFreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
I'm using two identical PowerMac G5's (twin 2.0's, same configuration, os x 10.3.9) hooked up to a company network.

For whatever reason, one of the Mac's will not show any information in the finder for 'Network'. The other, lists servers and windows domains as usual.

I can still connect to shares, via the 'go/connect to server' method, but why has the browsing the network ability gone pop?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
XFreak said:
I'm using two identical PowerMac G5's (twin 2.0's, same configuration, os x 10.3.9) hooked up to a company network.

For whatever reason, one of the Mac's will not show any information in the finder for 'Network'. The other, lists servers and windows domains as usual.
I dunno, but the same thing happens to me a lot. It comes and goes for no apparent reason, it's very flakey. Sometimes the machines show right up, sometimes I have to type in the manual IP address to get to them, sometimes I actually have to log out or restart for them to show up.

XFreak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Browsing is back!

After twiddling around, I've managed to get browsing back...

HOWEVER...

Of the servers I can see, only one will allow me to connect... the other simply displays 'the alias could not be found' or words to that effect, when I try to get the list of shares for that server...

...any further thoughts anyone?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.