Why can't I burn a CD???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macgirl89, Jan 25, 2010.

1. macgirl89 macrumors member

I tried burning an album to a CD using Finder. I dragged the files to the folder and clicked "Burn." Track 1 was going OK; it completed burning and then was "verifying." After that, it stopped burning. I was wondering why it didn't burn the other tracks but then thought maybe it really did because I was doing something else also at the time. Then I try putting it in a CD player: it won't play and there's only the first track available.

Two questions:

1) Do I need to highlight all the tracks before I click "Burn" so that it burns all of them instead of just one?

2) Why didn't the first track play in a CD player? Do you think it's because it's a .FLAC file? (I thought .FLAC were CD-quality anyway.) Would a .mp3 file work?

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Sounds like you brunt a data CD, where all the files are stored in a single data track. That wouldn't play in a CD player unless the player can read data files, and most likely those files should be .mp3 or WAV.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Convert .flac files to .mp3 using Max, then import and burn the songs using iTunes.

4. macgirl89 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, guys! :D

I'm gonna burn the CD using iTunes now, but I have a dumb question. How do I make the tracks in the right order in iTunes? I always thought they automatically went in the correct order if the track numbers were entered in "Get Info" (which they are)...

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

You can drag them around in the play list and put them in the order you want.