Why can't i change require password timing? APPLE BUG

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
under security prefs i cannot set require password x amount of time after screen saver begins to anything other than immediately. I have tried restarting.. doesn't work.

help?

Thanks

**** UPDATE***

So if you choose to activate file fault. You no longer have the option of changing when you will be asked for your password after screen saver starts.. it shows.. u options.. but when you select them it always goes back to 'immediately'.

Last edited:

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
under security prefs i cannot set require password x amount of time after screen saver begins to anything other than immediately. I have tried restarting.. doesn't work.

help?

Thanks
so i did a clean boot install... i saw the option to disable require password then I did something.. i don't know what prob to screen saver or something settings then the options are gone again its back to immediate password required... someone pls help?

Comment

withnail

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2003
Aarrrgh...this is so annoying! I enabled FileVault in case I left it at a coffee shop, it gets stolen, etc. However, I still wanted to retain control over how long the delay is before requiring a password...

I can only hope they change this or there's some command-line trickery to hack it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.