Why Can't I Connect to Internet?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by raye545, Nov 18, 2011.

1. raye545 macrumors newbie

Hi. I have an intel imac g5, running snow leopard. about a week ago, i reset my router because my ps3 was not connecting to the wireless internet network. So, i reset it, changed the name of the network, but i did not create a password. My PC laptop in which i am typing on now is connecting fine, but when i try to get my imac to connect, it prompts me to enter a password, even though there isn't one. it won't let me click connect unless i enter a password. But there isn't one! So i would be SO thankful if someone had the answer to my issue, as it is VERY frustrating and extremely annoying. Does anyone know how i can solve this problem? Thanks in advance! :apple:
    P.S.: I cannot contact apple about this issue, being that i do not have apple care.

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Actually, you can contact Apple for tech help.The bad news is the call will cost $50.00!!!:eek:

3. raye545 thread starter macrumors newbie

exactly thats why i Can't call them. I don't have $50.00 :/
    :apple:

4. NameTheUser macrumors newbie

Is your iMac connected to the router with the internet cable or you are using the wireless network?

5. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Go to System Preferences, Network. Select Airport on the left, then select Advanced button.

Find the Wireless SSID in the list. Highlight it, then click the ' - ' (minus) sign underneath the window.

Click OK, then Apply, then go up to your wireless and turn it off. Wait 10 seconds, turn it back on.

Find the SSID in the list from the menu bar and see if it connects.