Why cant I cut?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by stinkey diver, Feb 19, 2008.

1. stinkey diver macrumors newbie

What I want to know is how to cut an object in the finder. I have a picture or mp3 and I want to cut it and past it in another folder with out having to have multiple windows open and drag it across or copy it. Its very annoying! Whats the deal?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. stinkey diver thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes thats true. But who gives a fart if it violates the semantics of Cut-and-Paste. IMHO its a much better way to move files around. Its allot faster and causes allot less stress. Its there no way of moving a file in two steeps? Its retarded. When you cut a file in windows or linux and then cut another, the original is taken off the clip board and put back in its original place. Its quite logical. Dragging crap all over your screen isn't

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mv

5. stinkey diver thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I'm glad I was able to help. I'm sorry it didn't come to me sooner as I was stuck in GUI mentality. It pays to know some Terminal commands and be comfortable with them. Wikipedia is surprisingly good but never forget to read the man pages.

7. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

Did you seriously just link to a thread in which you linked to the answer? I think that's a bit humorous. :rolleyes: