Why can't I delete Apps I installed from the App Store

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bluearrow, Jun 27, 2011.

1. bluearrow macrumors newbie

Every time I try and move an App i downloaded from the App Store it never puts in in the trash. I drag it to the trash icon but it doesn't seem to work. What is wrong?

2. simsaladimbamba

From where do you drag it to the Trash?
    Have you tried right clicking on it and selecting "Move to Trash" or have you tried selecting it and pressing CMD+BACKSPACE?
    All these commands (even dragging to Trash) should work when inside the Applications folder in a Finder window.

3. bluearrow thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried right clicking it while it was in the dock, I have dragged it from the application folder on the dock as well as from the dock itself. I finally had to use AppCleaner to delete them but I'm still wondering why I can't seem to send them to the trash. I tried deleting the twitter App but couldn't even though I've used it before and dragged it from the trash. I also have AppTrap activated.

4. simsaladimbamba

Because you are not deleting it correctly, and there is no need for applications like AppTrap or AppZapper.
    Go into Finder, navigate to the Applications folder (there is an Applications shortcut in the Sidebar or you just press CMD+SHIFT+A) and there you select the application you want to delete.
    The Dock and the Applications folder in the Dock are only places for shortcuts, thus you don't really "touch" the real applications.

Best way to FULLY DELETE a program

Btw, please read this to learn more about Mac OS X or you might seriously damage your OS.