Why can't I face time with iPhone 4s running ios6.x

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ron20, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Ron20 macrumors member

Ok I tried to face time my grandma kept saying that it failed used WiFi and cell data tired face time my cuz with it his is ip5s with latest iOS mine works with his

She is using my old 4s and it's running pre iOS 7 (she doesn't want a new phone or upgrade ios)

I have tried a different apple account no luck..

Would really like sone advice

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The security certificates for FaceTime expired on iOS versions older than iOS 7.0.4. If they want to use FaceTime at all, they must upgrade. At this time, they will have to upgrade to iOS 8.3.

3. alitek12 macrumors newbie

4. Ron20 thread starter macrumors member

So if I understand correctly she needs ios 7 plus..

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Yes, but you cannot restore to that version of iOS as it is not being signed anymore. You can only restore to the currently signed version of iOS which is iOS 8.3.

6. Ron20 thread starter macrumors member

Ya i kinda figured that knowing apple, but glad to know it involves update

Any idea how long the 4s can be updated for?
    Tried to get her a 5s at least but she said if i did bad things will happen...

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

iOS 8 may be the last version of iOS that supports the iPhone 4S. There is a small chance that iOS 9 will, but it is unknown at this time. The public will know if it is or is not supported by iOS 9 when it is previewed at WWDC in June.

8. xxredneck18xx macrumors newbie

Got her talked in to letting me update the old 4s she really wasn't that thrilled but she has issues at times.

She has a mind set not to update. That was when the new ios 7 was out and people on old phones didnt like it, but the new phones have latest update so ya.... (Talking random)

Sure is taking issues to update, took my 6+about 30min on same network

Hopefully this will solve my problems and fix hers

Way off topic but i have an old account here... I am the same guy as the op..

9. Ron20 thread starter macrumors member

Got her talked in to letting me update the old 4s she really wasn't that thrilled but she has issues at times.

She has a mind set not to update. That was when the new ios 7 was out and people on old phones didnt like it, but the new phones have latest update so ya.... (Talking random)

Sure is taking issues to update, took my 6+about 30min on same network

Hopefully this will solve my problems and fix hers

Way off topic but i have an old account here...but if the mods/admin (the redneck18) can delete my old accout thanks

10. Ron20, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015

Ron20 thread starter macrumors member