Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ODog4523

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
I just got my iPad home and synced it from an iPhone backup in iTunes. That really didn't seem to bring anything over to the new iPad. How do I get my mail accounts bookmarks calendar events etc onto the new device??

Thanks!

mark34

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2006
Do you use mobile me or an MS exchange account? If so, just fill in the account information and poof, you are done.

If not, I'm not sure.. do you have that info in outlook or ical or...?

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
I just got my iPad home and synced it from an iPhone backup in iTunes.

I don't know anything about syncing from an iPhone backup (I said 'no' to that question), but I clicked on the iPad in the Devices list and went through all the tabs selecting what I wanted synced. I was very radical and clicked all the boxes under 'Advanced/Replace information on this iPad...'. I then clicked the sync button and off it went (it took a while). Everything synced up just fine.

A.

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
I just got my iPad home and synced it from an iPhone backup in iTunes. That really didn't seem to bring anything over to the new iPad. How do I get my mail accounts bookmarks calendar events etc onto the new device??

Thanks!

You're not supposed to sync from an iPhone back up, you're supposed to set up as a new device, since it is a new device, and isn't an iPhone, it's an iPad.

Edit: This might help:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPad_User_Guide.pdf

Reser

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
Don't you just sync your iphone with Outlook or similar using Itunes then attach your Ipad and tell that to sync with outlook too.

So your Iphone will put all its information into Outlook or similar then the Ipad will sync with that.

ODog4523

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Believe it or not I don't keep any mail clients, calenders, contacts etc on my PC. Everything has just been on my Iphone and backed up to Itunes.

Sounding more and more like I'll be spending a solid day entering all this info by hand :(

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
Believe it or not I don't keep any mail clients, calenders, contacts etc on my PC. Everything has just been on my Iphone and backed up to Itunes.

Sounding more and more like I'll be spending a solid day entering all this info by hand :(

I think you've just discovered what you're missing.

kes601

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2008

How many accounts do you have? Typing on the iPad is not wonderful, but a full day entering info?

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX

You'd be better off entering it into Google Contacts and Google Calendar, then set up syncing for both your iPhone and iPad. That way any changes on the web or either device get replicated over the air instantly in all places.

I use nuevasync.com for the synching. But google sync works fine too.

PCClone

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2010
Send it to me and I will fix it for you. You won't have to worry about syncing again. :D

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
lol i posted this same thread yesterday when I got mine. I tried using like 2 windows email clients to get the email accounts on my pc from my phone so i could sync them to my ipad. neither one itunes saw so I said the hell with it and just put them in manually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.