Why can't I find an elegant looking, dark-themed database program for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dcnblues, Oct 31, 2012.

1. dcnblues macrumors member

I'm clearly in the minority, but I really, really hate having to look at a glaring white computer screen, pages, programs, etc, and prefer the kind of elegant dark UI's you see in some pro video apps.

I use firefox because it has optional user style add-ons with dark themes that make the internet actually look good to me (lighter text on darker background).

I need a good database program, but they all seem so ugly to me. Maybe some of them have dark theme options of which I'm not aware, don't get promoted, and this forum can clue me in. Cleaner, more modern design would be nice too (and something like an index card / corkboard [but inverted brightness as well]). Most of them look like early microsoft in their user interface. Many thanks.

Help me Macrumors, you're my only hope.

2. dcnblues thread starter macrumors member

3. 9had macrumors newbie

What are you looking for? Just a spreadsheet table style data collection tool or do you need real database tool, SQL based?

If you really want it you can easily find some sort solution for your needs.

Depending on what you need there might be tools that fit or can be made into dark themed.

Phpmyadmin can probably be styled to be dark themed but it's browser based SQL database style.

Apple Numbers can also be styled so tables are dark themed. And this is spreadsheet database style.

4. ssmed macrumors 6502

ssmed

Filemaker & 4D will both do this, but they are not pre made databases, but more rapid application development programmes with a massive emphasis on database provision. You can make the interface look however you like. What are you currently using?

5. TerryReis macrumors newbie

+1 for FileMaker.
    We are currently redeveloping all our company systems from Access to Filemaker.
    Getting the look we wanted was one of the reasons for the change.
    Also it is cross platform so we can run with a mixture of Macs and PCs.
    There are many other advantages to it.

Cheers,

Terry

6. dcnblues thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, Filemaker is the closest with dark themes I've seen. Thanks.