Why can't I have the 3G fireball logo?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by GooMan, Aug 4, 2010.

1. GooMan macrumors regular

GooMan

I've searched the forums but can't find an answer so I apologize if its already been answered.

I've seen alot of screenshots where people have the 3g fireball and I want it. I've downloaded Winterboard and it works b/c I tested a theme to make sure it works. Had no problem at all. I've downloaded 2 different 3G fireball "themes" (whatever they are called) but neither one actually changes the 3G logo. I've "resprung" but nothing changes.

What's the secret?

Not sure if it matters but I have a 3GS running 4.0.1 and I used jailbreakme.com

2. scottuf macrumors 6502

It does matter because apple changed the location of the file. I've looked for the new one but haven't found it yet. possible they moved it and renamed it :( once i find it, i'll let you know (if i remember, going on vacation tomorrow so it might be a while - someone will prob beat me to it).

3. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

I would try to see if there is some kind of logo. I mean search "logo" in Cydia. Hell, I haven't even seen anyone with that in their status bar, but I know what the logo looks like. In case you didn't know, there is an AT&T logo to replace the Apple lettering.

4. scottuf macrumors 6502

here are the images, just need a location to properly theme or replace them.

Attached Files:

5. GooMan thread starter macrumors regular

GooMan

I have the BigBoss AT&T carrier logo but I just can't get the 3G logo to work. I've tried 2 different one from Cydia, one was "Better 3G Fireball" or something similar. I assume from the other post those won't work on a 4.x iPhone.

I found the logo on the AT&T website so I'll try to replace it myself once I get home tonight.

6. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

I found the Fireball 3G icon. I downloaded it, but I'm currently outside of the 3G service area. BTW, you do remember to respring after any changes, don't you?

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Didn't they used to be on System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app?

did that change for IOS4?

8. GooMan thread starter macrumors regular

GooMan

Yes, I resprung (or however you say it). :D

They are not down /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app. I did a "ls -lR | grep UMTS" from / and didn't find any files on the phone that matched. :confused: