Why can't I install the facebook app on my iPad?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jackryan57, Jul 25, 2011.

1. jackryan57 macrumors regular

No matter what I do today I cannot install the facebook app on my ipad (1). When I try on the ipad it says "Unable download application, Facebook will be available for download when you log into itunes on your computer."

Then when I try to install facebook when my ipad is connected to my computer and I download the facebook app through itunes on my computer and sync it, it says facebook cannot be installed because an unknown error has occurred.

This is driving me INSANE!!!!! I'm trying to install it so I can use the hack that came out to make it an ipad full size app

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Wrong forum. You should be posting in iPad Hacks. And had you read the thread on the same subject over there, you'd have seen that the hack to do that no longer works (Facebook blocks your ability to log in through it as of around noon PST today).

Full Force was updated to try and take advantage of this as well, no dice. Need to wait until FB releases, unfortunately.

3. jackryan57 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I always read the threads in this forum so I wasn't even thinking. I know that this forum has some of the smartest people when it comes to this stuff so I just posted it here - and lo and behold - you answered the question, so thank you.

But why cant I install the FB app???