Why can't I Jailbreak my iPhone?!?!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mr.stinki, Jan 26, 2009.

1. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

I can't jailbreak my iPhone no matter what I try!

I've tried using pwnage, quickpwn, but each time i enter DFU mode, i get error 2001, 1600, or 21. I've tried every possible tip i can find online, and nothing. I've tried restoring the device to its standard Firmware, and I still get one of the 3 errors when i try to Upload my custom firmware using iTunes. I've reinstalled iTunes 3 times already!

ARRRGGGHH!!! I've been at it since 4, and its 8 now! Why won't it work?!

I've tried it on my black macbook running 10.5.6 AND on my dad's PC running Vista, and i get the same error no matter what platform i use.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

10.5.6 would be the problem here... :rolleyes:

Use a USB hub.

3. mr.stinki thread starter macrumors 6502

I Still get error 1600 when using a USB Hub....

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

It takes more than a USB hub!;) A USB hub is often the only thing recommended for this problem which, oftentimes, will still lead to the same problem.

You have to replace two files in System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily/Contents/Plugins. For more information on how to do this, check out this solution. I have not gotten that solution to work and have also tried manually so I had to use my PowerMac G5 with Tiger. Obviously I didn't have a problem there.

David

5. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

I did not do any of this after upgrading to 10.5.6 and DFU works fine through my powered USB hub.

6. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

iTunes recognizes that there is a device in DFU mode on 10.5.6? I didn't think that this just affected 99.9% of 10.5.6 users but I guess I was wrong. Thank you for clarification!:)

David

7. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

8. Jess.H macrumors member

Jess.H

Lots of good information, helped me out with a similar problems. Thanks. [​IMG]