Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
In the past I could just pop in the T-Mobile sim and I could use the phone normally. Now it is asking me to "setup" the device. Is there a special reason for this? I just wanted to test out my friend's T-Mobile sim to make sure my AT&T phone is properly unlocked after they granted my request.

jenag145

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2017
In the past I could just pop in the T-Mobile sim and I could use the phone normally. Now it is asking me to "setup" the device. Is there a special reason for this? I just wanted to test out my friend's T-Mobile sim to make sure my AT&T phone is properly unlocked after they granted my request.

How long ago was the unlock??? I know it took mine a full 72 hours to be fully unlocked

theshoehorn

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Just next through it, it doesn't actually make any changes so not sure why it even pops that screen up...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.