iPad Why can't I play iTunes downloaded TV shows?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by benji888, Oct 31, 2013.

1. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

my iPad 1/iOS 5.1.1 gives me this error with iTunes HD downloaded content, why can't it be played? Why can't I sync to my iPad? ...because they are 1080p HD??? That shouldn't matter, when you download HD, isn't the 720p version there too? But, doesn't the iPad play 1080p? (Yes there is enough room).

:confused:

Attached Files:

2. Porsupah macrumors member

Porsupah

No - only the resolution you've selected in iTunes. You can, of course, change that and re-download 720 as well. I think iTunes will preserve both copies, suffixing the 720 version with just "(HD)" and the other "(1080p HD)", but you might prefer to manually separate them into distinct directories for clarity.

No - the iPad 1 can only handle up to 720p video. I believe 1080 capability arrived with the 2nd gen.

3. benji888 thread starter macrumors 65816

benji888

yeah, I guess iPad 1 doesn't do 1080p :(:p

So, in iTunes, I can change my preferences to prefer 1080p or 720p...I see no way to make it download both. I went to the video in iTunes Store and "Downloaded" was greyed out, but when I changed preferences to 720p, then I could download 720p version. I just need to remember to change it back. Thanks for the tip, I might not have thought of this. It would be nice/convenient to have both versions so I can put whatever I want on my iPad at future date, but it's a hassle. Apple's way of getting me to get the new hardware :rolleyes:

Next iPad will be max capacity. ...I can't believe they still offer a 16GB version of any iPad...I maxed that out in my first week with it (omg—3 years ago, now)...Apple shouldn't be so cheap about this and start at 32GB, go on up to 256GB...or offer a flash memory swap.