Why can't i see my previously installed games on STEAM for Mac??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dsprimal, Jul 1, 2010.

1. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

Hey all, i had steam for windows like 5 years ago. i've been playing counter strike source and half life 2. and i know that if you were to log onto your steam account from a different computer, you should see the games you had purchased/installed on that steam account.

But after installing steam for mac os x, i can't find "my games" section or whatever to view my prior installed games on my account.....or is it that since its mac os x steam, all the games i had before are now gone and i have to repurchase them???? if im wrong and im not looking properly, please do help!

any thoughts will help, thanks!

2. nutman macrumors regular

there may not be mac versions out for those games.

3. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

counter strike source and half life 2. i had bought the orange box when it came out 5 yrs ago.

4. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

you need to go to library and then click on games

5. dsprimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

just stumbled across that after a little fiddling around. installing half life 2 as we speak! thanks!! too bad counter strike source comes up witha steam error saying it can't install at this time or too many users and to try back in a "few minutes" or w.e

anyone else has this issue?

6. sadcamper macrumors regular

I have a Steam question...

If I have Steam installed on both the Mac & Windows side (with bootcamp, etc.), and I install any particular game on both sides (I just want to see if the mac version is inferior), can I uninstall the mac-side-game without deleting it from my Windows library?

7. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

Yes you can.T the two partitions are completely separate. You can treat each OS like a completely separate computer.

8. sadcamper macrumors regular

Thanks...I see now that you can right click on the game and select "remove local content".

Did Steam ever sort out their issues with Apple & 10.6.4?

9. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

Yes - it happens when they have too many issues. Hence them saying "Can't install because of too many users". Just wait a bit, or keep trying.