Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duramaxman1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
When I look for Cydelete or other things on Cydia it doesnt show up on my iphone 4. Theres one guy who had a whole list of apps that was comp. with 4.1 and I couldnt find hardly any? Should I rejailbreak my phone or what, if so how do I? I mean just leave the previous one alone, I used Limera1n.

Naethyn

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2010
Apps like CyDelete and SBSettings dont have an icon, so when you try to look for them on your SpringBoard(where all your apps are located) they wont be there.

Say you install WinterBoard, well Winterboard has an icon with it (as well as a 'hidden' app inside the settings.app if you choose to hide it. Now after installing WinterBoard, you can download CyDelete and then activate the moving icons feature and you'll notice WinterBoard has a feature to be deleted, which unlike originally you would have to go into Cydia, wait for it to load, and uninstall the package.

Now if your downloading and installing cracked packages, or packages from a repository that was added manually, sometimes they forget to have you reboot and reinstall when downloading a package.

If your apps, likes WinterBoard, AutoSilent, BiteSMS, and others are still not showing up, you might be better off restoring your iPhone and rejailbreaking.

duramaxman1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
Apps like CyDelete and SBSettings dont have an icon, so when you try to look for them on your SpringBoard(where all your apps are located) they wont be there.

Say you install WinterBoard, well Winterboard has an icon with it (as well as a 'hidden' app inside the settings.app if you choose to hide it. Now after installing WinterBoard, you can download CyDelete and then activate the moving icons feature and you'll notice WinterBoard has a feature to be deleted, which unlike originally you would have to go into Cydia, wait for it to load, and uninstall the package.

Now if your downloading and installing cracked packages, or packages from a repository that was added manually, sometimes they forget to have you reboot and reinstall when downloading a package.

If your apps, likes WinterBoard, AutoSilent, BiteSMS, and others are still not showing up, you might be better off restoring your iPhone and rejailbreaking.
Thanks so much, that explains so much. I can get the one you mentioned. And after some looking around it was installed(cydelete). Now, one more question does Winterboard slow down YOUR phone? Ive heard rumors that it was the one that really could slow it down

Naethyn

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2010
The WinterBoard app itself DOES NOT slow down your phone. However if you choose to download and purchase themes such as: Illumine, G.O.C., and other image heavy themes, it can slow down your phone.

However, if you have an iPhone 4 or an iPod Touch 4, this wont happen as much because you have a totally different hard drive and flash drive than the other phones. On my iPhone 4, I have no issues with Winterboard and I am using a very image heavy theme: iPro HD.

You might notice also that on iOS4 things like Lockscreens and Backgrounds aren't working that well, and thats because Winterboard hasn't patched this yet.

Hope this helps,
Naethyn

P.S. - If you download a theme in which has lockscreen and background editting, your phone may take longer to respring, its just trying to patch through this.

duramaxman1

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
I also would like to get the fivecoloumn, and it shows a checkmark beside of it but when it resprings, nothing happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.