Price Advice WHY CAN'T I SELL MY IPAD!?!? (Am I asking to much?)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RobinHood5, Jul 15, 2012.

1. RobinHood5, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012

RobinHood5 macrumors regular

I've had my iPad on Craigslist for about a month now and get tons of responses but they always fall through the day before we're supposed to meet.

Selling: white iPad 2 32gb WiFi.
    Pristine condition, had zagg on screen from day one and it's been in an otterbox as well, the only flaw is a tiny nick in a corner (not even noticeable), it's still has 3 months of warranty left.

If you bought this setup new RIGHT NOW, it would be $580 after tax.

I'm asking $450, is this unreasonable? Where would you guys reccomend selling it?

I'm looking to get an iPad 3 32gb WiFi + Verizon. If I were to trade it to someone for said iPad 3 how much cash am I looking to pay extra?

2. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

A new 16gb unit is $399 so I'd say $450 for a used 32gb is too much in my opinion (especially as refurb units from apple are $479 for the 32gb with 3G)

3. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

I sold my iPad 2 32 gig model for $420 right when the new iPad 3 came out.
    I agree with the last poster. $450 is a bit too much. $400-425 sounds about right.

4. Mimepower macrumors newbie

I'd say go cheaper as-well.
    I have a friend who got a 64 GB iPad 2 in almost perfect condition for $500.
    $450 just seems too much.

5. Aco Strkalj macrumors member

I know how you feel...

I listed my Verizon 16GB White iPad 3 on eBay for ~30 days before someone bite. I listed it for $749. It included an extended warranty and smart cover for free. In the end I lost $150 dollars. Not bad. I rarely used the iPad. I'm never gonna get an iPad again. It's for "regular" people. Anyone that takes a computer seriously will find an iPad useless. Stick to your iPhones.

For example, my parents use an iPad. They are total computer noobs. Browsing the web and doing basic research is all they use it for. Those are the people iPads target.

6. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

It's horses for courses. I am an IT professional and I find the iPad invaluable. Don't get me wrong, I still cart around a bag of drives and notepads around with me but rely heavily on the iPad when out of the office.

Just because you don't find a use for it doesn't make it for 'noobs'. It's certainly not going to find much use with l33t hax0r types or wannabe elitists.

7. T-R-S macrumors regular

T-R-S

8. zauze macrumors newbie

Agree with the rest - you're asking too much. I'm in LA which tends to be a pricey market sometimes, and I see more than 5 ipad2 32gb listings for under 300. Doesn't surprise me that someone would move on from your listing to one of these... or just say screw it, might as well just get a refurb.

9. RobinHood5 thread starter macrumors regular

It does have a $50 zagg shield on it. I'll tell you if I get someone to buy it. I've got a local thing I'm going to list it on that I think I can get what I want.

Thanks for your input!

10. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

No one's going to care about that. You can pickup 3 packs of matte screen protectors on eBay for $4 shipped. You can get the Zagg Shield for the iPad 2 for $13 shipped on eBay.

You can argue that you feel it is worth more all you want. It comes down to what people are willing to pay. $450 is simply too much. You can keep trying to sell and you will probably eventually get someone to bite at $450. Is $50 worth weeks of trying to sell it, phone calls, e-mails and numerous no shows?

11. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

Anything that is desirable and doesn't sell rather quickly, especially when it's a consumer product that costs under 4-figures, means that it is overpriced.

12. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

bingo

13. JoshBoy macrumors 6502

JoshBoy

I sold my iPad 2 64g 3G with a smart cover for $620 ($AUD) and bought it new for $1049, I sold it cheap to a friend but if it's not selling save the grief and just unload it.