Why Can't I Ship To Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by damonbus, Oct 31, 2016.

1. damonbus macrumors regular

damonbus

Why can't I order the new macbook pro and have it shipped to my local apple store? I don't want it sent to my house, nobody is ever home to sign for it.

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Can you have it sent to work? That's what I did when I bought my MBP in 2012. Alternatively, if there is a FedEx customer center (or whatever their equivalent to the UPS customer center is) nearby, you might be able to have it shipped there and held for you to pick up.

3. xmonkey macrumors 6502a

Is it the base model (nothing customized on it)? I was able to have my BTO 15" order shipped to the store for pickup but noticed the standard configs were not available to do that.

4. damonbus thread starter macrumors regular

damonbus

No, It doesn't give me a pickup option either way.

5. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

Store pickup not ship to store.

After getting tracking number in past I've had shipments held at distribution center (UPS and FedEx). Though the distribution center may not be convenient. You can also ship to UPS store.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 31, 2016 ---
    Store pickup on the website won't show up until they are actually shipping to stores.

6. damonbus thread starter macrumors regular

damonbus

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I will wait, it's easier for me that way instead of trying to track down where it's being held.

7. 3pp macrumors member

They never do launch products as ship to store from day one, to prevent a flood of people picking their new Macs up and using up store resources processing pickups. That's why with iPhone 7 you had to set a time to pickup. Probably didn't go to the effort of reservation system with this, but still holding off Apple Store Pickup until first wave shipments are done.

8. xmonkey macrumors 6502a

I was able to have mine shipped to the store for pickup...? I ordered within about an hour after the store went up. Says Nov 25th is when mine will be ready to pickup.

9. 3pp macrumors member

My assumption must be wrong then, maybe they just limit a certain number of orders per store? Duno

10. Macalway macrumors 68020

This. Hugely useful, depending on your depot. UPS -depot; Fedex-store, but I think they use UPS mostly?

But i've seen no type of pattern with Apple store pickup. I couldn't get it this time.