Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

damonbus

Suspended
Original poster
May 9, 2013
NY
Why can't I order the new macbook pro and have it shipped to my local apple store? I don't want it sent to my house, nobody is ever home to sign for it.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Can you have it sent to work? That's what I did when I bought my MBP in 2012. Alternatively, if there is a FedEx customer center (or whatever their equivalent to the UPS customer center is) nearby, you might be able to have it shipped there and held for you to pick up.

xmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2016
CA
Is it the base model (nothing customized on it)? I was able to have my BTO 15" order shipped to the store for pickup but noticed the standard configs were not available to do that.

damonbus

Suspended
Original poster
May 9, 2013
NY
Is it the base model (nothing customized on it)? I was able to have my BTO 15" order shipped to the store for pickup but noticed the standard configs were not available to do that.

No, It doesn't give me a pickup option either way.

protoxx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2013
Store pickup not ship to store.

After getting tracking number in past I've had shipments held at distribution center (UPS and FedEx). Though the distribution center may not be convenient. You can also ship to UPS store.
[doublepost=1477934257][/doublepost]Store pickup on the website won't show up until they are actually shipping to stores.

damonbus

Suspended
Original poster
May 9, 2013
NY

After getting tracking number in past I've had shipments held at distribution center (UPS and FedEx). Though the distribution center may not be convenient. You can also ship to UPS store.
[doublepost=1477934257][/doublepost]Store pickup on the website won't show up until they are actually shipping to stores.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I will wait, it's easier for me that way instead of trying to track down where it's being held.

3pp

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
They never do launch products as ship to store from day one, to prevent a flood of people picking their new Macs up and using up store resources processing pickups. That's why with iPhone 7 you had to set a time to pickup. Probably didn't go to the effort of reservation system with this, but still holding off Apple Store Pickup until first wave shipments are done.

xmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2016
CA
They never do launch products as ship to store from day one, to prevent a flood of people picking their new Macs up and using up store resources processing pickups. That's why with iPhone 7 you had to set a time to pickup. Probably didn't go to the effort of reservation system with this, but still holding off Apple Store Pickup until first wave shipments are done.
I was able to have mine shipped to the store for pickup...? I ordered within about an hour after the store went up. Says Nov 25th is when mine will be ready to pickup.

3pp

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
I was able to have mine shipped to the store for pickup...? I ordered within about an hour after the store went up. Says Nov 25th is when mine will be ready to pickup.
My assumption must be wrong then, maybe they just limit a certain number of orders per store? Duno

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013

This. Hugely useful, depending on your depot. UPS -depot; Fedex-store, but I think they use UPS mostly?

But i've seen no type of pattern with Apple store pickup. I couldn't get it this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.