Why can't I track my iPad order on Apple's site?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cupalup, May 25, 2010.

1. cupalup macrumors newbie

I'm sure this is one of many threads exactly like this but I've searched and can find nothing.

The TNT trakcing number I have doesn't work and the 'Track you order' tab on Apple's site has vanished.

What's going on?

Attached Files:

2. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

It is.

Son, if that's the case, I bet you couldn't find your ass with both hands.

3. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I don't want to be cruel to the OP, but man, Stevie Wonder could have found the two or more related threads already on this PAGE. A new thread was totally unnecessary, my friend ;)

4. cupalup thread starter macrumors newbie

I knew this would happen so I'm prepared for it. For me, a new thread was necessary cos 30mins of searching didn't find the answer.

Whatever you say, I couldn't find an answer (that 'shipped on the 21st' thread, for example, goes on forever).

Perhaps someone would at least put a link here for a thread that answers my question?

5. mattyuk macrumors 6502

mattyuk

You put the tracking number in here (make sure its on the consignment box). Hope that helps.

6. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Well instead of giving you a link, I can give you an answer to your question -in fact, 2 answers:

1. We don't know why tracking isn't working correctly on Apple's website, we can only guess
    or
    2. Some people have contacted Apple/couriers and have been told that Apple's systems are overwhelmed with order processing right now, hence the screwy tracking etc. Personally, I don't believe answer "2" as I have yet to hear of a successful company who doesn't know how to either take money from bank accounts on time or link tracking numbers to their website. I think they are just holding back with the info until it gets closer to Friday.

7. smr macrumors 6502a

We don't know

I think JonnyIreland's first answer sums it: we don't know!

I have spent a lot of time following the ins-and-outs and ups-and-downs of the 'shipped on the 21st' thread and I'm really none the wiser :rolleyes:

Hopefully, the tracking will start to work over the next 48hrs as our iPads are collected by the couriers and then, at last, we will have some answers (and, sometime on Friday, our shiny new iPads :D)

8. cupalup thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried this - just says "Not found"