Why can't I upload to Youtube?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by luiso455, Aug 28, 2009.

1. luiso455 macrumors newbie

Like most people on these forums, today I updated my system to 10.6.0 which is Snow Leopard. I post videos over on http://youtube.com/xpxvistaxosx and wanted to post an unboxing of Snow Leopard and a couple of other related videos about Snow Leopard. I have one problem, when ever I go to the Youtube upload page the video page just loads and never finishes rendering the web page, It isn't the web browser because I have tried Safari, Firefox and Omniweb and still no luck. I did have Glims for Safari and thought that could have been interfering but all traces of Glims are gone from my computer. Also the cache on all the web browsers have been reset so I really don't know what the problem could me. I really want to upload these videos on to the web and would greatly appreciate any help I could get.

Don't let me down Snow Leopard.

EDIT:I found the problem....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xyV7ZnQ1K4

Attached Files:

2. nlawson macrumors newbie

RE: Why can't I upload To YouTube

Quick Time can upload to You Tube, just load the video in quicktime and click the sharing menu and pick You Tube.

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I also cant upload! i cant using quicktime, youtube, imovie 09, safari or firefox

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Please can someone try it out and see if they are getting the same result??

6. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

everything works as a charm here uploaded more than 5 videos today from snow leopard using the website/quicktime

7. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Ok then what's wrong with my mbp?? I tried reinstalling with no avail.. I don't see how this is possible, it worked before I upgraded. Thanks

8. stu3ufc macrumors member

having the same problem and you can ad OPERA browser to that list as well

the beta uploader doesn even show the "upload" button

switching it to basic in opera and selecting your video it loads and then after 10 seconds says an unknown error

I knew this was a OSX SL problem

trying to upload my video from imovie 09 which can be unreliable!!! either the video publishes or it disapears and never shows up on your YT account

edit imovie 09 error!!!

An error occurred during communication with the server (“The request timed out.”). Please make sure you are connected to the internet, and then try again.

BUT IT WORKED!!!! the video shows up and is proccessing

9. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Problem fixed by searching "gears.google" in spotlight and deleting it and restarting.

10. stu3ufc macrumors member

great news it works in Opera!!:eek: Opera works perfectly

Quicktime also uploads it great

Firefox still doesnt even load the BETA uploader - Hasnt done so since update to FF 3.5

Safari - doesn't load up either BETA or Simple uploader . . . this has happened since the upgrade to SL

11. stu3ufc macrumors member

yes yes yes yes

i love you!!!! Fixed the problem in firefox!!! i only got gears to mass upload to YT but never used it!! now i can upload easy!!!

:apple: