why can't my atty open my pdf?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by deepdrop, Jan 19, 2014.

1. deepdrop macrumors newbie

My atty sent me a pdf file which had various questions which I filled in (using preview). I then sent the filled in document back to him. They told me they could not open it.
    When I got to the office, I saw that when they clicked on a field where I had entered information, the information did appear, but all the fields looked blank until they clicked on them.

When I open the file on preview, all of my filled-in information shows. Is this just a typical incompatibility since they probably used adobe and I used preview? Is there an easy way for me to fill this in so they can actually read it?
    Thanks for any help on this.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It is a trivial matter to download and use Adobe's free Adobe Reader for this task. As for why your attorney cannot open the file that you returned, there could be any number of reasons. The problem is not necessarily on your end. However, you need to make sure that the problem is not on your end:
    1. Use Adobe Reader [or, better, Adobe Acrobat Pro] to complete the form.
    2. Make sure that the file that you return has the .pdf extension.
    3. If using Mail as your email client, then make sure that you have checked Edit>Attachments>Always Send Windows Friendly Attachments.

3. deepdrop, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014

deepdrop thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

MM,
    Thank you for the kind reply. I guess for some reason I'm shy of Adobe products. I don't know if there was a flash problem or something, but it's stayed with me. I'll take your advice though as it's time to get over it.

Thanks for reminding me about the windows friendly.

Take care,