Why cant they just automatically add lyrics with songs?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrok18, Sep 20, 2008.

1. jrok18 macrumors regular

It would be a lot easier . It also wouldn't be hard im just sick of doing every time and i forget to do it so now i have like 500 songs without lyrics. Also why cant u view digital booklets on ipods? BTW i changed the thread topic bc i was wrong about the last topic and i didn't feel like posting a new one.

2. LewisBeechey macrumors member

3. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

I asked them on the apple chat if genius is available for the old ipod(touch) and they said no only the new ones have it.

4. mariotheotaku macrumors regular

He probably means like in the 80gb and 160gb ipods. My main guess is because if they were to add Genius to the older ipods a lot of people would rather buy a 160gb refurbish ipod than the 120gb, they also didn't added the search option to the 30gb and 60gb ipods when the other ones came out.

5. mariotheotaku macrumors regular

You can add genius to the older ones if you buy the update, the new ones just come preloaded with the latest filmware.

6. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

...because then you wouldn't have a reason to buy a new one. :D

7. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

I have genius on my old ipod touch, and also they are adding them to the other nano's and possibly classics but not yet.

8. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

o i didnt know they added it to the old one . stupid apple chatline people.

9. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Likewise.

Maybe they didn't understand what you were asking.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

If you reread the articles on the front page about when the genius feature came out it says that the feature is slated to come to older nanos and classic iPods, and the genius feature is available for all iPod touches running v2.1 2.1 costs $10 for old iPod owners, you can also get the firmware off the intertubes illegally. I got mine legally from Apple for free! When they put it up on their servers before it officially came out, it was up for like an hour.

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well that's annoying that you changed the thread. Now it makes everyone else's posts look nonsensical. CHANGE IT BACK!

12. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Okay, I have no idea qhqys going on with this thread, but as for the (new?) thread title and question, download the Harmonic widget, and it'll add the lyrics when you play the songs in iTunes. I sometimes just mute iTunes and play a bunch of songs so that it can add them

It works pretty well, I'd say it adds the lyrics for about 85% of my songs. The others I have to add manually, but they're less well known.

All that is assuming you're running a Mac. ;)

13. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry i thought it i made a new thread when i just made one people would be mad so i just used the one i just made. I have windows xp not a mac. So anything for XP ?

14. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Nope. If you'd quit messing up the forum I'm sure people would be more inclined to help you out.

15. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

K should i change it back?

16. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

edit: n/m doesn't look like lyricsnapper works with itunes 8

17. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Update: cant change thread back. I downloaded itunes friend is that good? It seems to be working.

18. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

I've also wondered why the lyrics didn't come with the songs you purchase, and I've come to the conclusion that Apple doesn't want me to sing along to my music... Well too bad! I put all my lyrics on manually! Booya! :D

19. Lunchbox700 macrumors regular

Yeah I was wondering where this thread went I had to search for my posts to find it. :D

20. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

use gimmesometune. it will auto-fetch lyrics for any song you play in itunes if it is missing.