Why can't we all just get along?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DoNoHarm, Oct 24, 2008.

1. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

Hello people, I just need to make a comment.

Apple products are exceptional. Whether it's the new MBP, MBP Classic, MB, or even the old MB's, our computers have an overall level of quality, refinement, and general usability that makes PC manufacturers look like Fischer Price.

I think what's happening here, and I include myself in this, is that we are all just really excited about whatever Mac we have. The people with the MBP Classic know they have a timeless design, the new MB/MBP people are rightly floored by the surreal torsional rigidity and gorgeous minimalist design of their notebooks. We then go on one of the message threads and go on about why our macs are so amazing. All too often, we fall into the trap where instead of saying how amazing our Macs are, we say how much more amazing they are than "yours". It ends up becoming a negative spiral of bashing truly great machines.

I've come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter. I'd take a MB/MBP/MBA over a PC any day of the week. :apple::apple::apple:

2. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Preach it!

Hallelujah and amen to that!!

3. belvdr macrumors 601

Hardware-wise, I think Apple products look much better, but I'm not sure the quality is that much higher than any other manufacturers. I've had many consumer and pro level non-Apple products that have little hardware problems as well, so I think they are about equal, especially considering the number of posts that people have with Apple hardware.

At any rate, people choose what they want. If they are happy with Windows/OS X/Linux, I don't care; it doesn't impact me.

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well said and a very well made point. Agree completely with you both.
    Cheers and good luck

5. vkt macrumors newbie

Thank you for offering this great perspective. I couldn't agree more. :):apple:

6. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

7. 4fingered macrumors member

well put. I would love my first Apple notebook if UPS could ever get it here. I love apple but why did they switch to UPS for Canadian customers??

8. FCDP macrumors regular

Well said.

Everyone likes to believe that they are objective in their decisions and opinions, but the fact of the matter is, that once your on a side, you naturally take it, and believe it's the right side no matter how irrational it may be. It's just the way we are, and those who love their previous MBPs believe they are the best in every way, as well as those who've purchased new MBPs.

Simply put, to each their own. If you like something, who cares what someone else thinks?

9. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

It's good to see others feel the same way then....

10. vkt macrumors newbie

Truth.

11. kockgunner macrumors 68000

kockgunner

Agreed. I'm happy with my old Macbook Pro, but others are happy with their new ones. In the era when people are finally switching in droves, let's not welcome the switchers with a disunited Mac community -- we make Apple, Apple. Remember, no matter which Mac we have, we are all supporting the same company!

12. MatLane macrumors 6502a

MatLane

13. DoNoHarm thread starter macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

I think there's definitely a tipping point that is just now being reached and especially due to the new droves of people coming, there needs to be a culture set.

14. LinMac macrumors 65816

We can all get along once McCain becomes President and the divisive Obama campaign stops spreading lies!

Obama = Windows; McCain = OS X. Choose wisely!

This post brought to you by trolls against pointless posts. Poster is an Obama supporter, but uses the post to make a point.

:D

15. jeff48 macrumors member

At first I was all :eek:

Then I got :mad:

Then I carefully read the fine print:D

LMFAO
    :D

Peace Out