why can't we attach a photo to an email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by patent10021, Sep 19, 2010.

1. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

2010 and we can't attach a photo to an email? We are stuck with starting in the camera roll first? Unbelievable.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

You can multitask out copy the photo and paste it back in. I know it's a bit arse about tit but heyho

3. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

You would think Apple would just take a few updates to address these small, but important issues for the user community. Its why android and blackberry beat iOS is messaging.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

+1

"I don't know why Apple would address these important issues for a small portion of the user community." There, I fixed that for 'ya. :D

5. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

What's so bad about starting in the Photos app? Instead of starting an email, picking attach, searching for the photo, selecting it, then being taken back to the email....all you have to do is select the photo, press email, type the address and you are done.

6. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

The photo gets compressed/resized.

7. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

you can choose to use 'original size', doesn't that prevent any real compression from happening, really?

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

But why not let the user choose the best way to send pictures? Why is Apple's way the only way?

9. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

yes

10. theautopilot macrumors 6502a

theautopilot

As much as I love iOS, the email app is utterly pathetic by modern standards. Can't even mark multiple/all messages as read.

I wish to god Apple would allow third party developers to make a decent one.

11. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I don't think you're given the option unless you copy the original file from photos and past it in mail. Simply using the email this photo option from photos will get you compressed.

12. djgulia macrumors 6502

Nope, I just did it. when you hit send, it pops up asking you what size you want to send, small, medium, large or actual size.

my only complaint is not being able to select several pictures from the camera roll and sending in one email. you either have to do the copy and past into an email or send separate emails for each picture.

13. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

No, using the email photo from the camera roll will setup the email, when you hit send you are given size options. Small, medium, large, and original.

14. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

You can send multiple pics in one email.

15. djgulia macrumors 6502

you learn something new everyday! Thanks. 3 years owning an iPhone and I never new that lol.

16. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I just did it and didn't get that option and its a photo from a 10MP camera *shrug*

17. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Well perhaps if its a ridiculously large image it doesn't give you that option. If the images are that large, emailing them probably isn't a great idea anyway as most email servers would bounce them.

18. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

It only seems to work from the camera roll, a pic from a 10 mp camera won't appear in the camera roll.

19. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

also, wanting to email a photo _on the go_ that you previously took on a DSLR, then synced onto your PC/Mac and THEN synced 'back' onto your iPhone ...
    that's a VERY rare usecase. :/

selecting and sharing / deleting multiple photos wasn't possible until iOS 3.0.0, so you're only 1 year behind ;)

20. mrrish macrumors regular

mrrish

I think 50% of users in this thread either need to read the manual or play with their phone some more.

21. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

We've covered sending from the Camera Roll and selecting a pic while composing an email. What other ways are there and which one does Apple force you to use?

22. *LTD* macrumors G4

*LTD*

Not on the iPhone 4 and/or iOS 4. It prompts you just before sending to pick a size, with "original size" as an option.

Further, you can select multiple photos from the camera roll.

The key is to just play around with your iPhone. I love to experiment.

23. Al3x87 macrumors member

there's a app for this.. but i don't remember it's name:confused:

24. Noremac4 macrumors newbie

+1

25. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Copy/pasting them works like a charm and no bounces

Ah...makes sense.