Why Can't We Share/Export from Photos on a Mac to YouTube?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jtmacb, Aug 23, 2015.

?

What's the least favorite part of the new Photos app for Macs

Poll closed Sep 13, 2015.
  1. Inability to give titles to photos by tabbing between them

33.3%
  2. Inability to export videos directly from Photos YouTube

33.3%
  3. Inability to create and give names to albums before you import photos into Photos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Inability to create Events like you could with the old iPhoto app

33.3%
  1. jtmacb macrumors member

I've been a Mac owner since 1987. I love my Macs, iPhones, iPads and Apple Watch. However like everyone else out there I have some pet peeves. The top ones of the moment have to do with the Photos app on my desktop Macs.

When you used to import photos you were automatically asked to name an Event that you wanted to put the photos into. Now it barely even works with Events. And you can't create an Album before you import photos. Now you have to first import them and then create the album and then drag them into the album. That's two additional steps you have to take for no good reason. Again, why change a good thing when you don't need to? When I imported those photos the first thing I wanted to do is give each photo a title. I'm a Realtor and when I go take 50 photos of a new listing I need to label every photo before I do anything with. them. With the old app I could tab between photos and assign titles to each photo with ease. Now I have to manually select each photo then select the title area and then I give the photo a title. You can't tab or use the arrow keys or any other short cut to go quickly from one photo to the next.

With videos I import into Photos I often want to immediately upload a video to YouTube. But I can't do that.I can upload to several other websites but no YouTube. Apples needs to get it's head out of ass and figure out a way to add this functionality. It's just another reason why Apple drives me nuts sometimes when it keeps very simple and useful abilities out of new versions of software at the same time it is telling us how great the new software is.

Apple: Please try to keep this one principle in mind at all times: "If something works and your new software isn't going to have the same features plus new ones then don't release new software." You never needed to take these three features away from what you now call Photos but you did for no other reason than just because you could. I can't figure out any other reason why you would reduce functionality. Can you?

2. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

You might want to write to Apple if you want to send a message to them. Let them know about the features you miss and/or want in Photos. I'd suggest keeping the communication positive too for best results.

3. jtmacb thread starter macrumors member

I sent a very respectful email to Mr. Cook tonight. We'll see what happens. I'm not holding my breadth that anything will come of my request for a more useful Photos app.