Why can't you just turn off the Mobile Data warnings?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scaramoosh, Oct 23, 2015.

1. scaramoosh macrumors 6502

I turn it off for podcasts because otherwise it uses a **** load of my data. However every time I open the app it warns me that mobile data is off, there is no way to turn off these warnings as far as I can see. It's just so annoying, it's like how Icons automatically push to the top left or how you cannot even hide icons to apps you never use but cannot uninstall.

Just these little things that really annoy me, I don't get why Apple still haven't gotten around to fixing these issues yet :\

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Its because they aren't "issues" :)
    It is just how they have intentionally designed the system to work

3. scaramoosh thread starter macrumors 6502

It is an issue because I know it's off, I turned it off, it's annoying to have it keep warning me.

4. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

This is an app issue, not an OS issue. The OS warns you because the app goes off and tries to use your cellular connection. Complain to the app developer that they need to provide a toggle. Apple's own Podcasts app has such a toggle, for example... not that anyone sane should use their app for podcasts.

5. jermy4 macrumors demi-god

I get what you're saying and it would be nice to have the option to not remind you again.

6. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

Options are an admission that you can't get the defaults right.

It SHOULD nag. It should be telling you that the application is trying to do something it shouldn't.

7. posguy99 macrumors 6502a

I wanted to ask, are you using a podcast app created by an incompetent? Which Podcast app doesn't have a wifi-only toggle, so they can be shamed? Apple's does. Overcast does. Downcast does. I don't know about PocketCasts, never used it.

8. rigormortis, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015

rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

bah, thats nothing. i borrowed the samsung s6 trial deal. it had 2 warnings.

1) it warned me not to check the weather more often then every 6 hours, or it might be charged to my phone bill

2) when tethering was on, and i was watching netflix or sling, or anything on the samsung phone, i kept getting a popup every 4 minutes warning me that turning on wifi would disable instant hotspot. i had to keep pressing cancel every 4 minutes and 40 seconds.

i clicked on samsung smart switch accidentally while i was tethering to my iPhone, because i though it was s-voice and i saw that tethering warning come up and i kept clicking cancel 15 times in a row before it finally went away

android 4.jpg weather warnng.jpg

9. Aston441 macrumors 6502a

lol