Why did Apple killed Apple Logo

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Badrottie, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I havent visited this forum in a while because I havent used my rMBP after I got 12.9 iPP. Yesterday I went to the Apple Store for the first time since Jan 2017 when I bought Apple Pencil and I was playing with new 10.5 iPP it looks nice then went to rMBP with Touch Base it was cool then I saw another rMBP without Touch Base and noticed Apple logo on the top case is different than non Touch base rMBP with glow Apple logo. I thought maybe Apple decided to kill glow Apple logo in the future rMBP? Glow Apple logo is nice to look at.

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

It's kind of a shame because the glowing Apple logo was iconic for laptops for so many years. I like the change for one reason though: on the old ones if you had direct sun hitting the back of the screen (like in the 2 hours after sunrise or the 2 hours before sunset), the sun would bleed through the other side of the screen.

3. jerryk macrumors 68020

I think it was a purposely move to make the new MacBook Pros look distinct from the old ones from across the room. "Oh, I see you have a new MacBook Pro! Can I see it. Got to get me one of these!"

4. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

Because it requires more thickness on the top lid to have the display, then the transparent acrylic, then the metal lid, whereas with the high-gloss logo, you can just finish the metal differently and you’re good!

5. dlim1027 macrumors newbie

dlim1027

This is precisely why. The backlit logo requires more room.

6. Nilhum macrumors regular

Nilhum

Design. IMO space gray would look stupid with the glowing logo.

Now, all their products have the black Apple logo and I like it much better. The glowing logo looks outdated, like something from the 90's.

7. argentum47 macrumors regular

argentum47

Some people actually prefer it not glowing. It was cool when it was first introduced, but in 2017 it can look a bit cheap, maybe immature, not classy, pretentious, or whatever you call it (these are not my words). That, and the thinness craze.

I somewhat agree, but I do miss it too..

8. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Now, instead, the keyboard sounds cheap and has the reliability of something cheap.

:-(