Why did Apple remove these commercials??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by cootersgarage6, Feb 6, 2011.

1. cootersgarage6, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

I miss the old Apple... The Apple that had the great, funny commercials. And also the fun to watch commercials. I remember these, they were the BEST. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN3RU8pJR74

So why don't they make these anymore?

2. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

I agree, those ads were great, but Apple has moved on from just advertising the iPod (Classic), and now the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad are the main focus for ads.

3. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

They have MR now.

4. cootersgarage6, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011

cootersgarage6 thread starter Guest

Welll....

Yeah, they do advertise the iPad and iPhone a lot now, but no, no iPod Touch ads have been around since about 2 months ago.

And those ads just weren't for the iPod Classic... Or, if they were, they could be used for the nano and shuffle also...

What do you think there next commercials will be like? :rolleyes: Lol

and to the other guy: What does MR mean?

5. Winni macrumors 68030

Winni

Well, I am so NOT the target audience for those ads - they don't speak to me at all. If anything, then I knew exactly what product NOT to buy after watching that ad.

The last Apple ads that I liked were the Think Different ads with Alfred Hitchcock & Co. And before that, the Charles Chaplin ads. That tells me a lot about how much Apple changed and with them their target audience.

6. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

MR is MacRumors

Very true. The Think Different were great when Apple wanted to appeal to a niche market, then the iPod + iTunes ads were great when they wanted to build the iPod brand name (if you notice you don't really find out anything about the iPod in that ad, and it takes a little intuition to even realize that it's an mp3 player).

The main focus of their ads now is iPhone and iPad because they can appeal to the largest audience, and the most likely people to switch from PC to Mac on their home computers are people who have bought an Apple accessory (really anything with an i before the name) and have become familiar with the Apple brand.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Companies evolve. Pretty much all there is to it