Why did Itunes forget my Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by jdlord, Aug 23, 2010.

1. jdlord macrumors newbie

First time poster here. First of all I want to say that this is a very nice forum full of great info. Now, I have an issue that I have never came across before. I got the iPad a few weeks ago, hooked it into itunes, synced and the jailbroke with jailbreakme. I have backed up and synced several times successfully. My problem began last night when I hooked up to sync. Now itunes is telling me that I need to re-set up the ipad just like it did when it was new. Basically, when I hook up the ipad and turn on itunes, I select the iPad from the devices and it says "Set up your new iPad". "An ipad has been previously synced with this computer". Then it ask to set up as new ipad or from backup.

Now, what would cause itunes to forget my ipad. It knows that an ipad has been synced with the computer but it does not realize it is the same ipad. What changed? Up until yesterday when I plugged in my ipad, it showed all my stuff like its supposed to. Secondly, if I cant fix this, if I restore from back up is it going to update me to 3.2.2 so I loose my jailbreak? If it does, can I use the SHSH in Cydia to revert back to 3.2.1?

Sorry for the long winded first post. I hope someone can help me out. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dave

2. WiiMarioHacker macrumors member

Your telling me that JailbreakMe actually works on 3.2.2? Apple sucks at stopping jailbreaking.

I have been getting the "This iPad is synced with another iTunes Library" message too.

I hope someone can help.

3. jdlord thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope. Jailbreak does not work on 3.2.2. I have 3.2.1 jailbroke iPad the iTunes is not recognizing. I am trying to find out if I re-set up my iPad from backup, will it automatically upgrade me to 3.2.2. I don't think it will but just want to be sure.