Why did snow leopard change my settings?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Hugbees, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Hugbees macrumors regular

I just installed Snow Leopard, and immediately I noticed that everything was darker. I had to adjust the gamma to get it to look normal, but things seem a little too bright now. Also in Adium, it messed up my fonts. My text is so small while my received messages are normal size, and I can't seem to get my sent message text to be the same size as my received message text.

There are other small things too, but it's annoying and I'd like my old configs back, is there any way or do I just need to put up with it?

2. direzze macrumors member

3. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

The font issue has been fixed in Adium for the upcoming beta. Basically, SL started including more font information in the text Adium was dealing with, which had unexpected side effects. It's not really a "config" change, more of a "way the APIs work" change, which is a little unfortunate.

4. Hugbees thread starter macrumors regular

Well I have one more concern. Before when I used spaces, it would bring up all of my windows currently up, but now it brings up all of the minimized ones too. I use this purely to switch windows easier, and if it's minimized, then I currently don't want to select it at all, so I don't want it to appear.

Can this be fixed or is this another "deal with it" issue?

5. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I believe that happens in expose too. It's a "deal with it" issue, as well.

6. kolax macrumors G3

A lot of people aren't happy with the new Expose. Wouldn't surprise me if Apple give an option in the future to go back to the old way.

7. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

It doesn't do that on my SL Macs. Instead of the upgrade path you should've or should still do an erase, reformat and install. This should clean up your issues. Before trying it you could wait for 10.6.2 to see if clears up your issues, I might perhaps but I wouldn't count on it.