Why did they stick with the inclined design?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ByteTheBooty, Mar 9, 2015.

1. ByteTheBooty macrumors regular

The main reason I got rid of my MBA was because of the weird incline...it sounds like a stupid reason, but I simply found it unappealing..

But do people actually think it looks good? They would have been able to fit so much more if they would have made it even (like rMBP) and maybe get more battery in there...

Am I the only one who thinks that way?

2. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I certainly think if it's the reason for the keyboard it was a horrible error.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

At first I thought the blade design looks funky, and still does to me if I keep looking at it sideways, but looking at it from any other angle and it looks like a thin tablet which I like, then in actual usage I think my hands like it better because with my old regular laptop, I tend to pop up the rear so it's inclined, to aid typing.

5. artivideo.nl macrumors 6502

what do you mean by "incline design" ?

?

6. ByteTheBooty thread starter macrumors regular

the way the laptop has a thin point and an thick point...I would have gathered they made it even..like the MBP pro

7. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I think he's referring to the taper near the edge. I like both the even and tapered designs to be honest.

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Actually, I love the tapered design and the form factor of the MBA.

Above all, I love how - after a number of iterations - (the first few generations of the MBA had annoying glitches, and/or were underpowered; they also lacked sufficient memory; their battery life was underwhelming…..) - the MBA improved dramatically to the extent that the models from 2013 were a veritable powerhouse, blazing fast, powerful, astoundingly portable, with a battery that lasts the length of the day…...

9. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

I like it

It's like a ramp for your arms.

It doesn't suddenly jack up like the Macbook pro.

10. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Optical illusion. The taper makes the device look much thinner than it is. Apple has decided that the marketing buzz and sales that "thinness" generates is worth more to its bottom-line, than any battery or other internals that they can squeeze into a chunky volume.

----------

The taper is on the bottom side, not the top. The top plane is flat on both the MBA, rMB and rMBP.

11. neile45 macrumors regular

12. brand macrumors 601

brand

It's all a matter of perspective, maybe they stuck with the decline design.

13. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

Just like what they did with the iMac so they could take pics at an angle and show only the edge and market it as 2mm thick. Never show a full profile picture !