Why did you buy the new iMac???

Discussion in 'iMac' started by leandkmac, Nov 13, 2009.

1. leandkmac macrumors newbie

Hey guys let us know which iMac you bought, what are you using it for, and if you are happy with it

2. wfj5444 macrumors 6502

I have a 2008 Mac Pro which I am selling to a friend.

I bought the iMac because of the screen. I paid $2500+ for the Mac Pro, of which I use a quarter of the power.

Now I get an i7/1TB/4GB (Putting in 4 more of my own memory) for a bit less than I paid for the MP. I still won't use all the power and I get a FANTABULOUS screen.

Mine is used for gaming/personal and maybe some work email.

3. lasuther macrumors 6502a

I sold my iMac at the beginning of October. I bought the i5 because I think it's the best value and in 4 years it should hold a lot of value to sell again.

4. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Why did I buy the iMac?

Because they had finally released an iMac I felt is a worthy successor to my 24" white iMac with 7600GT.

While the base 27" is the most direct upgrade the i5 does not cost much more.

5. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I bought a base 3.06 21.5" iMac yesterday to be an upgrade to last years Mac Mini - only used it for a few hours yesterday but so far happy :)

6. astroot macrumors regular

I ordered the 27" i7 to replace my aging iBook G4. Had wanted an iMac for a while and was just waiting for the refresh to take place. Would have been satisfied with a 24", but can't argue with the new size.

I doubt I'll ever take full advantage of the horsepower of the i7 but I felt the $200 upgrade over the i5 was worth it for some future-proofing peace of mind. And it looks like the benchmarks make my i7 upgrade look worthwhile.