Why Did You Get A Bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JoJoCal19, Jul 2, 2010.

?

What is the primary reason you got a bumper?

1. To avoid/solve the antenna gripping issue.

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  2. To help protect against potential breakage if dropped.

34 vote(s)
    41.5%
  3. To help protect against scratches from setting it down.

20 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. To add grip to the phone.

14 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. Other: Please post your reason.

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. JoJoCal19 macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

I had refused to get a bumper to avoid any potential antenna issues (mine only drops 1 or 2 bars) just on the basis that I should not have to pay more money to avoid the issue. I also didnt like the idea of paying $30 for a rubberband.

Well when I drive I keep the phone on my right leg and thie iPhone 4 is too slick so it would always slide around. I also dont like setting it down on some surfaces and risking getting more than the 2 ultra fine and barely visible scratches I have now.

So I relented and purchased a white bumper last night. I actually can't wait to get it.

So why did you all decide to get a bumper?

2. JoJoCal19 thread starter macrumors 65816

JoJoCal19

3. Fiss macrumors newbie

my main reason for getting one is the camera lens wouldnt get scratched. It sits flush with the back so that was a concern.

4. BearsFan34 macrumors regular

BearsFan34

Got a bumper on the 24th because I wanted something, and there was pretty much nothing else at the Apple Store. I had the money saved anyway. Quite happy with it so far.

5. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

according to the Apple sales kid today he said "...bumpers are only for dressing up your phone and solving the reception problem..."

6. ihonda macrumors 68000

7. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

A combination of reasons. Mainly because its as close to naked as I will get. The invisible shield plus the bumper is great for me.

8. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Pretty much all of the above... protects, antenna issue, and because no case shows off the look of the iphone 4 like bumper.

9. Aeroflux macrumors member

Using the bumper with invisible skin front/back as well. Mainly it's for safety concerns, but the antenna issue did seem to lessen with the bumper. The signal is still all over the map though. I walked out of my campus building one night and discovered (for the first time in four years) I didn't have service.

I'll probably upgrade the bumper to a full case...the camera lenses are unprotected, which eats at me every waking moment...just waiting for that stray grain of sand to grind a chasm into one of them. Or both...egads! :eek:

10. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I agree with some previous posters -- I wanted something for the time being. I also think it adds to the grip. Happy with it & my Wrapsol Ultra so far. :cool:

11. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Basically, that seems to be how Apple in general sees them. From the product description on their website:

Nothing about protection or anything of that sort. :rolleyes: