Why didn't Apple take the next step forward?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThunderApple, Oct 4, 2011.

1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

I honestly don't get it. 16-17 Months and they release a slightly upgraded spec iPhone 4?

Why?

You know what's funny is that people would have not been so disappointed if they simply just gave us a redesigned iPhone. 4 Inch edge to edge screen, Alum Back and Slimmer. That's all they needed to add into this presentation, call it the iPhone 5. That's all I was asking for.

It's as if Apple doesn't see that there are so many other phones out there that pass the iPhone 4 in both Spec and size.
    I held out on getting the iPhone 4 and stuck with my 3GS in hope that they would release a iPhone 5 but it looks like I'm going to grab the Nexus Prime when it's released.

What's even more sad is that everybody has to wait a bunch of more months for them to release the iPhone 5, which will probably be lacking in spec by the time it comes out.

Sorry, just a small rant. I love what Apple makes, I just can't help but feel very disappointed by this.

They really spent over a year giving us the same old design with the specs that are in devices that they already released (iPad2)? Not worth the upgrade IMO.

Cheers to those excited about this.

2. admanimal macrumors 68040

People sound pretty stupid, then.

3. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I agree with you man, my expectations were really high, but now I'm really dissapointed :(

4. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I agree that this was a huge disappointment for me also. They dropped the ball with this keynote.

5. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

If you are really asking the question, instead of just ranting, then the obvious answer is that Apple consider a 3.5" screen to be the optimal size for a smartphone, and they want to take advantage of the economy of scale by continuing to make two generations of iPhones with the same screen. That's how you knock $100+ off the price of the iPhone 4 without greatly impacting the margins that investors expect.

6. shortys408 macrumors regular

I feel the same way, but at least soon I will have a 4S that will listen to my rants.

7. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

8. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

This was the next step forward.

More Apple product owners = more disappointment. This trend is getting tiring.

9. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I honestly think going bigger screen while losing ppi have meant that they would lose one of their key feature(retina display).

They will have to wait till doubling the res is doable before they can go bigger screen.

STILL disappointed like hell.