Why didn't the new box signify a new iPad??

Skydivincoastie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
I am kind of upset about this..especially because of future resale value...The box just says "iPad"...There is nothing on the box to signify it is the newest version, or anything...That could be to some people just a first gen iPad...I don't know..maybe I am just thinking way to into this...I bought several today...The family loves these things!

bjmach

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
I am kind of upset about this..especially because of future resale value...The box just says "iPad"...There is nothing on the box to signify it is the newest version, or anything...That could be to some people just a first gen iPad...I don't know..maybe I am just thinking way to into this...I bought several today...The family loves these things!
The new box has an iCloud and the iPad 2 does not

HelveticaNeue

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Actually iPad 2's manufactured after iCloud came out do have the iCloud icon on the box. I noticed this while browsing at Christmas.

simply stunning

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2010
Lol, the name of the product is iPad, like Macbook Pro or Macbook air. In a few weeks/months, the website will change the name and it will just be iPad. They just want to denote for now that it is "new" just like the apple TV, and or any other product from them. It is not truly called the "new iPad" jut iPad.

Yggbert

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
No way, the new box doesn't say "New melt your face iPad 3 64GB LTE $$$" you can't possibly be having that! Your attic is going to be so pissed.

Sowelu

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2008
New York City
The new wallpaper on the iPad on the box is the identifier. The naming scheme and box art are in line with MBPs, MBAs, etc. It makes sense, and no one will think you're selling the wrong model - the Apple product code will clearly be on the box.

SHIFTLife

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
Future resale value? Dude, it's a consumer electronics device, not a car. Get a grip.

Besides, there's a model number right on the back of the box.

Skydivincoastie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2008
The new wallpaper on the iPad on the box is the identifier. The naming scheme and box art are in line with MBPs, MBAs, etc. It makes sense, and no one will think you're selling the wrong model - the Apple product code will clearly be on the box.
Good point...thanks..at least you were kind enough to show a difference in the box.

----------

All boxes have just said "iPad" on the side, even the iPad 2s.
Good to know...didnt even know that..thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

jekyl

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
Mid-Michigan
I've never resold any of the Apple products I've bought, but I do have all the boxen lined up on the top of my bookcase in my office. Apparently I see them as some kind of "power crystals".